Friday 8 August 2008

GREAT VIRGIN VIE PARTY

Gosh, a whole week has gone by since my last entry. How did that happen? One minute it's Monday, the next Friday afternoon. Or is it just me?

My Virgin Vie cosmetics and make-up party last night went GREAT! It was such a lot of fun, thanks to Peter at Allegra Style Hairdressing Salon. There were just a few guests after work, and we all had a glass or two of something pink and sparkling, and everyone ordered loads of goodies from the Virgin Vie catalogues I brought.

I brought samples of several of the products, and everyone seemed to enjoy the spritzing and lotions, and trying on the jewellery. Came away with a very healthy order and a party booking for later this month.

When I first started selling Virgin Vie, I felt quite shy and awkward talking to people about the products and trying to get people to pay attention while I did a make-up demonstration. I decided last night to just "go with the flow" and let whatever happened happen. As a result, I was a lot more relaxed and able to deal with people on a one to one basis, which I feel more comfortable with, rather than being "on show, hawking my wares" like a market stall trader. I guess it just proves the adage, be yourself.

My thanks to Peter for being such a sweetheart and having the party in his salon. He'll receive nearly £50 worth of free goodies for his part playing the host. That's the best bit of the job, being able to give people such nice presents.

Til next time, tootle-loo,
Rose the Shopper

2 comments:

claire loder said...

well done Rosemary -sounds great! I spent yesterday redoing my website then couldn't sleep due to buzzy brain and cold ness so now v tired and sore throated! When is it summer????

Rose the Shopper Girl said...

Hi Claire,

Just had a look at your blog, and now know that you've had a lovely, lovely time in Cornwall. Gosh, you DO a gorgeous blog! Sometimes I look at it just to see something nice and inspiring.

Summer. I've heard of that. I think it's happening next year, between 2:00 and 3:00, but not sure which day.

Guess what? I'll be doing the craft cases at Gateway, that I used to do as a job, but now as my own business! Quite thrilled about it, as I know it inside out. Will have to be small things, as the Gateway are specifying that they're not offering me any storage. So, good news!

Tootle-loo,
Rose