Monday 18 August 2008

Not all vintage flatters!

Hello everyone!





When Sue and I went trawling through the wonderful vintage clothes at Welshpool, it just occured to me to add a note about vintage. Namely, that just becaue it's vintage doesn't mean it's going to be right for you. The dress in the photo illustrates this perfectly. Nice style, fits, but the colour drains my face something wicked. Better to keep on looking for just the right thing, rather than make do with the almost right thing!

Also, bear in mind that vintage clothes have been around a long time, and may need a bit of delicate wear. I love my vintage winter coatfrom the 1940s, but after 60 years or more, the lining is wearing out! Can you imagine?

As flattering as porridge!

Til next time,

Tootle-loo,

Rose the Shopper


No comments: