Monday 23 June 2008


SHOPPING FOR VINTAGE


Another part of my business is vintage. I've organised a vintage clothing fair in Shrewsbury last year, which went very well. I also organise shopping trips to vintage fairs in other cities, and so far we have been to Manchester, Liverpool (to St. George's Hall) and Bath. Every trip people come back loaded with goodies from by-gone eras. I was especially pleased with my pink 1950s swing coat that I got in Liverpool on the last trip. Photo to follow when I can figure out how to get the photos onto the blog.


My friend Sue and I will head out to Welshpool in August to look for a 1940s ball gown for her. We're going to Ashman's Antiques, where my husband bought a pair of white wool trousers for a 1920s look, to go with his striped blazer and straw boater. Very dashing (if I do say so myself!)


The link to Ashman's is ashmansvintage.com if you would like to have a look at their website. It looks like a treasure trove of goodies, and from experience I can certainly say it is! Not the cheapest place in the world, but a really vast selection of clothes that you wouldn't normally be able to find.


The trip is for Sue's dress, but you never know what I might find for myself. I do have a good selection of vintage outfits for various "dress up" events, but I'm always open to something new.


This is my vintage 1940s outfit for a 40s day at Attingham Park, near Shrewsbury. The good looking chap next to me is my husband.
Tootle-loo,
Rose

No comments: